Consumers have been making wholesale clothing and clothing accessories popular in e-Bay. Next to electronics, the clothing category has an approximately 4.8 billion average of annualized Gross Merchandise Volume worldwide. This is just registered for the 2nd half of the year. To even top that, the average daily listing is approximately 9.4 million. These figures are based on e-bay’s fast facts. No wonder why e-Bay has become a household name in the US and I won’t be surprised if it does the same worldwide.
I have also come across different figures that have been motivating people to sell clothing and clothing accessories either online or in e-Bay. One will get excited when they hear this amazing news :
- women’s dress is sold every 14 seconds;
- a pair of women’s jeans is sold every 22 seconds;
- a pair of men’s sunglasses sold every 33 seconds;
- a men’s necktie sold every minute; and,
- a pair of shoes is sold every 4 seconds.
Wow, that is really something. These hard facts are the more convincing reason why we can earn more with selling clothing and clothing accessories. So here are a few tips on how to improve your sales and be one of the sellers to be counted in e-Bays facts at a glance.
1. Determine your product line. Do you want to focus on clothing or do you want to include clothing accessories in your retail store? Do you want to sell men or women’s clothing? Are you going to sell designer or discount products? In e-Bay, brands that have been popularly searched are the following : True Religion, Ed Hardy, Hollister, Bebe, Abercrombie, Guess, Harley Davidson, and Free people.
It is best though to think of a niche so you can plan on your marketing strategy. According to Nielsen/Net ratings, CSA category in e-Bay received 4.5 monthly unique visitors for the 2nd half of the year. Indeed, e-Bay has been a swamped by buyers looking for interesting and good deals on clothing or clothing accessories.
2. Drop ship your products. Drop ship is a very simple and effective way in terms of handling and managing your e-commerce business. Power sellers on e-Bay have been using a lot of drop shipping that have brought them relief and have reduced their expenses by minimizing stock on hand, decreasing overall shipping costs and cutting down on delivery times to customers.
3. Find a reliable website directory. Another Power seller tool is the use of Salehoo for a list of wholesale suppliers. Why is it popular among Power sellers? It is because it is more than a directory. It also provides learning discussions through its education and community forum, product research area and an efficient & supportive customer service.
In clothing, you can sure make a comfortable living if you know how to sell right!
In order to make money in business online, one of the core factors determining this would be the strength of your supply chain. Compare the Top 3 Wholesale Directory online. Salehoo, the only Approved Wholesale directory with 100% verified Wholesale Suppliers.